In the simplest terms and as the old adage goes; ICT projects succeed when they are delivered on time, on budget and they work as expected.
Here are some of the most important reasons for failure:
- Lack of user consultation
- Unrealistic timescales
- Poorly defined requirements
- Scope creep
- Poor change control
- Poor testing
Key elements of project success are:
- Effective team organisation and man-management
- Use of formal project planning tools and techniques
- Progress monitoring by regular project reviews
- Application of management techniques to identify, monitor & mitigate risk
- Formal change control procedures
- Formal testing and acceptance procedures
- Structured project closure
Many of these success criteria are not technical issues but management and training ones. This confirms what experience has shown in that ICT projects must be treated as business programmes.
All of this boils down to the fact that there is much greater chance of success when professional help is available from start to finish of all but the smallest of projects. Our project support services are based on critical success factors which have been identified based on successful completion of many projects.
We have a proven track record in delivering a variety of projects across all industry sectors ranging from those projects that last just a few days to on-going programme management activities for multinational clients. Project scope ranges from LAN solutions, intelligent voice solutions, WAN solutions, call centre solutions, complex converged solutions and application integration.
We are told by our clients that our ability to manage complex multi-vendor network implementations is of great value to them, particularly as we understand the technologies and can determine what is realistic and what is not when planning a project!